Plants Kits Details
Plug and Play
- One-click solution for architects and CG artists who need realistic 3D trees, immediately.
Fast and Fluent
- Render-ready 3D trees minimize the need for finetuning that can otherwise interrupt your workflow.
Easy and Integrated
- Drag-and-drop plants inside 3ds Max & Maya, and MAXON Cinema 4D, Trimble SketchUp, or use them in SideFX Houdini.
- Simple settings are a mouse click away.
- Go beyond static models! Choose the shape, age, season and detail of each tree.
- Laubwerk technology minimizes the usual compromise between high-quality graphics and efficient memory usage.
Price and Licensing
- 'Per Artist' license
- Attractive pricing per Kit, e.g. single user 149€ (w/o VAT), two users 279€, etc.
- Additional render nodes are free of charge
Tree Species and Configurations
Highly useful trees from the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, and the Pacific, with just the right amount of control for each tree.
- Each Plants Kit comes with 10 customizable tree species. Check Plants Kits now!
- Plants Kit Freebie comes with 5 fully-functioning tree species, the tropical Kentia palm, the Mediterranean Turkish pine, the temperate common broom shrub, the tropical frangipani tree and temperate field maple. Get your FREE Plants Kit Freebie now!
- Each tree species comes in three (3) shapes, three (3) ages and four (4) seasons, for a total of 36 variations.
- More species and Kits coming soon.
The free Laubwerk Player plug-in brings the 3D trees to life.
- See the Laubwerk Player page for a detailed description.
Realistic 3D Tree Models
Laubwerk uses a hybrid of procedural modeling and hand-detailing by botanist and 3D artists to make the most realistic CG trees.
- Render-ready materials and textures are created on the fly - for the built-in renderer (3ds Max, Maya & Cinema 4D), or third-party renderers such as V-Ray, mental ray, iray, Maxwell Render, Thea Render, Arnold, OctaneRender, and Corona Renderer.
- Leaves consist of more than just a single polygon, so they bend and catch highlights.
- Textures are based on high quality photos from real trees.
- Models maintain shape and density, regardless of detail level.
- Autodesk 3ds Max (2010-2018), Autodesk Maya (2014-2018, Win & Mac, Linux on request), MAXON Cinema 4D (R12-18, Mac & Win), Trimble SketchUp (2014-2017, Mac & Win), or Sidefx Houdini (currently Apprentice 14-15.5 Win, Linux on request).
- Additionally, Python (on Windows) for customers to build their own importers into applications compatible applications compatible with Python 2.2, 2.7, 3.3, or 3.4.
- A computer that is capable of running your version(s) of 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, SketchUp, or Houdini.
- 10MB of hard disk space and additional space for the Laubwerk Plants models.
Our aim is to make the installation process as easy as possible for you. If you like to get more information, we have compiled these Laubwerk Plants Kits installation instructions, including advanced topics such as considerations when working in a network.